Ikue Mori quotes

"Mars is really different, into art. Lydia Lunch is more energy. James Chance is more commercial in a different way, in funk and jazz. They were all doing original things, trying to create their own sound and music. I think they're all great."

"So now I don't have time to practice drums. It's been five years since I've touched the drums."

"Somebody gave me this drum machine and somebody else asked me to program something for a project. I really liked programming and I was really interested in using the drum machine."

"The most important thing is that it's much more fun to play in a band than to be in an audience in a club. That's the main thing I think, that you can do it."

"The way I create music is maybe like a painting, to compose in a more visual way. Basically it's the music that I want to hear- that's my inspiration and bottom line. I just try to get ideas from books, movies, paintings."

"With a rock band, you play the same things over and over and over."

Page: 1-2-3