Hamasaki Ayumi quotes

"I understand it's my role to realize people's dreams."

"I'd heard a lot of Asian people were rooting for me, but I had no idea. I was stunned. They were... impassioned, especially compared to Japan. I couldn't even have anticipated that kind of welcome."

"In the beginning, I was searching for myself in my music. My music was for me. I didn't have the mental room to be conscious of the listener; I wrote to save myself."

"It sounds odd coming from me, but I realize what I say and how I look has a great impact."

"It's hard to decide how to match words to music. It's not like it's twice the work. It's always difficult for me to explain to the composer what I'm looking for. I'm not a professional; I lack even basic knowledge about writing music."

"The way I work, typically, I do everything at the very last minute. Even if I was given two months, I'd do it in the last three days."

Page: 1-2